How to Get the Best Interview for Your Story
Sometimes the interview for your story can be a challenge. Become the best interviewer with this session. Be prepared to leave with dozens of tips on how to get the best interview. Reporters on the panel will share their expertise on:
-How to get crucial interviews during breaking news
-How to conduct interviews with compassion when covering tragic stories
-How to encourage people to break their silence when they don’t want to talk
-How to get around the “no comment” come back
- Rebecca Aguilar, Freelance Reporter
- Rebecca Aguilar is a seven-time Emmy Award-winning reporter with more than 40 years in the news business. She spent 28 years in television news. In 2021, she became the first Latina and woman of color to become president of SPJ. She’s also the founder of Latinas in Journalism.
- Jason Wolf, Sports Investigative Reporter, The Arizona Republic/USA Today
- Jason Wolf is a 27-time recipient of the Associated Press Sports Editors national top 10 writing award. He’s also won first-place awards from the Society for Features Journalism and the Pro Football Writers of America. Wolf has extensive experience covering professional, college and high school sports.
- Jaewon Jung, Senior Reporter, KTNV-13
- Jaewon Jung is the senior reporter at KTNV Channel 13 in Las Vegas. She has been nominated for three regional Emmy awards for her work. During her career, she has covered high-profile cases like Robert Telles, wildfires and other extreme weather events.